- To get people involved in and explore their interest in steelpan culture.
- To develop a consistent skills and knowledge arena for steelpan enthusiasts.
- To promote the value of learning steelpan as an instrument.
- To develop a learning agenda.
- To build contacts and information networks.
- To develop a model of good practice for sustainable learning.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop their own abilities.
- To improve the career prospects of young people by enhancing their skills and helping them to achieve nationally recognised qualifications.