It is often said that playing a musical instrument can be very rewarding. Playing pan is a testament to this statement as it can take but a few minutes to learn to play a simple tune.
Success in society is partly predicted on success in school. Any music enthusiast can call to mind anecdotes about effectiveness of music study.
Playing a musical instrument:
- Gives you confidence
- Teaches discipline
- Improves co-ordination skills
- Relieves stress
- Helps you to explore your emotions
- It’s a great way to meet people
- Allows you to be a part of a group
- Gives you a sense of pride and achievement
- Improves you physically
To play a musical instument requires:
However, all of these have to be developed, synchronised and integrated so that, as you learn music, you stretch yourself mentally in a variety of ways.